Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

Today, Zachary is three years old. I am sure that this next year will bring even more fun with our little guy. He is the funniest kid I have every met. He talks all the time and the most hilarious things come out of his mouth.

One day, his uncle Todd complimented Zach on his good climbing at the playground. Zach turns to him and says in his most serious voice "I'm just doin' my job".

Even though he generally has an amazing vocabulary, Zach has some very quirky speech patterns. For example, he confuses "something" with "nothing". So he will say things like "Help! Ouch! I have nothing in my shoe!" or "I am hungry! I want nothing to eat." Or I don't like this game, I want to do nothing else."

And just the other day, we woke up to a classic "Zach-ism". During the night I noticed he had a soaked diaper (he's dry over 50% of nights but I don't like to take chances) so I changed him but didn't bother to put on new pajama bottoms. In the morning when he realized his pants were gone he called out from his room "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! My pants is MAGIC! They disappeared! My pants is MAGIC!"

Gotta love this kid!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Zach! We love you and wish we could have been at your party.

Anonymous said...

That's a perfect song for Zach!

Misty said...

Katie! So good to hear from you. It has been a long time! I was just checking up on you guys the other day because I was thinking of you too. Can you believe our babies are three? Happy Birthday Zach!