Friday, July 07, 2006

Baby Update - 38 weeks, 4 days

More than you ever wanted to know about parts of me you never wanted to know about.

I am soooooooo ready to have this baby. The good news is, that my OB agrees with me. 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. I think I blew her mind when - after complaining about how miserable I have been over the last week - I turned down her offer to strip my membranes. It was awfully tempting. With Morgan I went from 1cm to 4 overnight after having my membranes stripped. The nurse said she was 90% sure that stripping my membranes would start labor in the next day or so. The problem is, of course, that Jon has a final exam this weekend, DUTY on Monday, and I don't have a babysitter flying in until Tuesday evening. (Tess - don't miss your flight and make sure your cell phone is charged!) I'll let her do it next week -- if there is a next week, which she seemed to think was a big IF. I hope she wasn't just trying to cheer me up! So....my mission today is to make sure we have an emergency babysitter lined up and Jon's is to find a just-in-case backup for his duty day. And then we wait.

Name Game

For anyone who hasn't figured out the name yet (either through your awesome deductive powers, your awesome coercive powers, or a slip-up from Jon or I) here is what will hopefully be the last clue:

First name does not start with an A, B, K, M, R, or W. The middle name does start with one of those letters.

Remember: You can't win, if you don't play!

3 comments:

Boggs said...

The Boggs are guessing Zachary Michael Moog

Purple Plane Grandpa said...

Purple plane grandpa doesn't have a clue!!!!!! Speaking of "Clue", I've never one that game once. No wonder I can't figure this one out. I assum the name isn't Professor Plum or Colonel Mustard.

Grandma Mc said...

Poor Purple Plane Grandpa....
I second the Boggs guess and I hope Zachary Michael stays put until next Wednesday!