Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Messy

I used to think Baby-Morgan was messy - with all the spit-up and drooling and pooping everywhere. Then I thought One-Year-Old-Morgan was messy - the learning to feed herself, runny noses, and dragging toys all over the house. But these earlier versions have nothing - NOTHING - on Two-Year-Old-Morgan.

All of a sudden she's like Pig-pen! She goes through about 2-3 outfits a day. And that doesn't count all the times she just decides to take off all or some of her clothes. I think I spend about 60% of the day putting Morgan's clothes back on. If I can find them, that is.

No longer content to make a big mess in plain sight, Morgan like to HIDE things! Arrrrrrrgh! It is getting increasingly difficult for me to fish socks, shoes, and Beanie Babies out from under the couch, behind the bookshelves, between the washer & dryer, etc. The other day I found myself using one of those "phrases you never thought you'd say until you had kids": Morgan! Do NOT put your underwear behind the television!

In addition, I've had to start vacuuming several times a day! Morgan leaves a trail of graham cracker crumbs, playground sand, Play-Doh crumbles, and the remnants of breakfast, lunch, and dinner wherever she goes.

And vacuuming is hazardous! Its great to have a curious, intelligent child, but sheesh! Does EVERYTHING have to be disassembled? Morgan's favorite thing to do is to take apart pens. I fear the day I try to vacuum up the ink tube and it breaks. I know its going to happen.

I could go on and on about the mess Morgan makes, but I have to start cleaning!

No comments: