Monday, September 26, 2005

Duck

Providing that she does not grow at all in the next 35 days, Morgan will be a duck for Halloween.

We saw this at Target yesterday and it was sooo cute that we went back today and bought it. (I sure never thought I'd spend $15 on a Halloween costume! I hate Halloween!) The tag said for ages 1-2 years so I thought it would fit - Morgan is small for her age after all. We took it home (Morgan asked for "duck" the entire way back) and tried it on. Morgan laughed and hugged herself. The costume is very soft and furry.

But it doesn't really fit. Its too tight in the crotch and the hood kind of forces her head down. Its also not long pants like it the picture. The legs go to about her knees! Not that Morgan minds. She cried and cried when I made her take it off. All through lunch she cried for her duck. She would eat a bite of noodles and then sob "duck, duck, duuuuuuuck". Then have a bite of carrots. "Duck, duck, duuuuuck".

I'm not sure what to do. I think I'll hang onto it and look for something that fits her better. So... if you happen to come across a cute, fuzzy duck costume in size 2T for under $20 - let me know! We will reimburse you and pay shipping!

No comments: