Friday, August 12, 2005

Domesticated!

I have been so domestic this week! I picked up a cookbook at the library hoping to find some interesting things to make for Morgan. Eventually she is going to get sick of eating the same carrots/peas/corn mix every day! But I'm on a cooking roll now! Here is what I made:

  • QUICHE On Tuesday I made a quiche! And it was easy! And yummy! Just need a pie shell, swiss cheese, eggs and milk. The recipe said to put chicken in it, but I didn't feel like cooking chicken so I used a little spinach instead. Cook for 35 minutes. Morgan liked it, Jon liked it & I liked it.
  • COOKIES Then I decided to make Morgan some banana oatmeal cookies as a slightly more healthy alternative to oreo's. Its just so hard to resist when she signs "cookie" and says "meeeeez" (please). But I don't want her eating Oreos all day either!
  • MORE COOKIES Then Jon wonders why I only make Morgan cookies and not him. So we made some lemon bars. I kind of burnt the tops, but they turned out okay.
  • SALSA Yesterday I made salsa. Usually, "making salsa" consists of opening the jar all by myself. Not this time. Our neighbor gave us two big bags of their homegrown organic tomatoes and I was trying to think of some way to use them. (Actually, they gave us one bag but then Jon goes and says "Thanks for the tomatoes! We really enjoyed them!" even though we had not eaten even one yet! So...two bags.) Now that I think about it, I should have put one in the quiche. Did you know that tomatoes, onions, garlic, a tiny bit of super spicy green pepper, a little more of not so spicy green pepper, lemon juice, salt and cilantro make salsa? Good salsa, too. Jon thinks I am at least half mexican. We really should open a restaurant.

No comments: